Type 2 hypo

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
I know that with type 2 its not unusual to have a hyper but i dont seem to have any problems as long as keep it below 10, which it rarely gets to. But i start to feel ill when its normal at 5. However the other night in bed i was reading and started to feel very dizzy and wobbly. I wasnt sure what was happening then i thought my sugars may have gone high, but ive never felt as ill before. I sat on the bed with my head on my knees and felt even worse. I struggled to walk downstairs and checked my blood and it was 2.9. I immediatly ate 2 biscuits and had a glass of lemonade and started to feel better.

My bloods are usually between 5.5 and 7.5 and my HBA1c is 6.7 so thats quite good. However i thought hypos were the norm for T1, and hypers for T2. But in the last 4 months ive had 3 hypos. I dont know if i should see the nurse about this.

Also what worries me is, if d been asleep when the hypo happened would i have woken up or would it have kept on dropping, with a possibility of a coma. This last one has really scared me cos it was at night .

bystander

I see you are on Gliclizide so I would discuss this with your HCP as you may need your medication adjusting.
Have you lost weight recently? This could affect how the Gliclizide is working, causing hypos.
When do you take your Gliclizide?
You should liver dump during the night when you get to a low level but you really should discuss all your worries with your doctor to put your mind at rest.