Libre saying low when in range after bolus change on ominpod

Kay1964_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Can anyone help my diabetic nurse as put me on 9.5 for my bonus on my Omnipod as I was high after breakfast and lunch at 10 grams of carbs for 1 unit of insulin but my libre keeps saying I am low even though my finger prick says I am in range not sure what I should do hope you can help thank you Kay

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Always rely on finger pricks if they differ to Libre.
There are a number of reasons why your Libre may be inaccurate
- the first couple of days after inserting the sensor, our body may react to the alien object in it. For this reason, it is common to insert sensors a couple of days before activating them.
- CGMs read interstitial fluid which is 15 minutes behind blood readings. If your levels are changing quickly (rising or falling), the difference may be significant. The algorithm used by Libre 2 attempts to predict what is going to happen in those 15 minutes by extrapolating the current trend. If that trend changes in those 15 minutes (for example, when treating a hypo), the algorithm will over estimate the trend.
- Libre is less accurate when high or low. Therefore, it is always important to double check with finger prick before correcting.
- some sensors are faulty. Therefore, it is important to check Libre at least once a day. If the difference is proportionally significant (consistently more than 15% different) and the points above have been discounted, Abbott should be contacted and will probably replace the sensor.