Medication

Nick78

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi has anyone on here been having trouble getting there meds insulin , needles etc ,been having a nightmare recently put my repeats in takes over a week to process then when I go to pick it up they are telling me nothing has been sent through , when I phone doctors I am getting same scenario telling me nothing has come through, getting beyond the joke had go over a week without needles month back ended up in mess , the prescriptions I put in for my Mrs inhalers etc are always there on time just seems to be my diabetic stuff.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not on diabetic meds any more, but still have to take blood thinners. One is not supposed to come off these suddenly (or, according to my GP, ever). Recently I hit a perfect storm with supplies, resulting in me having to visit the pharmacy (because they wouldn't answer the phone) six times in 10 days. Their problems were: supplies not turning up, staff covid, pharmacist not turning up, relief pharmacist not turning up (they are not allowed to dispense without a pharmacist being there) GP not actioning prescription request, and -I genuinely sympathise here - a new computer system being installed which made everything run much slower and less efficiently.

It would be funny if it wasn't so important.

Nick78

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not on diabetic meds any more, but still have to take blood thinners. One is not supposed to come off these suddenly (or, according to my GP, ever). Recently I hit a perfect storm with supplies, resulting in me having to visit the pharmacy (because they wouldn't answer the phone) six times in 10 days. Their problems were: supplies not turning up, staff covid, pharmacist not turning up, relief pharmacist not turning up (they are not allowed to dispense without a pharmacist being there) GP not actioning prescription request, and -I genuinely sympathise here - a new computer system being installed which made everything run much slower and less efficiently.

It would be funny if it wasn't so important.
The attitude I got back from chemist when they couldn't get my needles was a joke , like I was taking the mick for complaining, I am some type of type 1 my endocrinologist isn't sure yet , every time I eat my sugars spike up and won't come down without insulin, the tablets like metaformin ,gliclizide etc don't work ,by the end of the week I was in a mess bad migraine and blood dripping out my nose due to high sugars , they couldn't give a monkeys , the issue with my prescriptions is just the diabetic meds the prescriptions I put in for my partner and daughter are always there on time , it's like my prescription is magically disappeared and the chemist and doctor have no recollection of it , despite it been put in the box with the others I've put in for Mrs etc