Advise Gratefully Received!

smudge73

My son (4) has been complaining of stomach aches which have been on and off since January. His urine has shown protein which the doctor put down to a UTI. He is very tired and his behaviour at nursery gets steadily worse as the week goes on and he becomes more lethargic.

We have s family history of diabetes and i have an appointment at the doctors this afternoon. Any advice gratefully Received on whether anyone else's child exhibited this type of symptoms before diagnosis.

Thanks. S

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Really the urine test should show glucose to indicate diabetes. Protein may be in his urine because of the stomach pain making him not want to eat enough and him burning his own fat stores. Hope you get some answers.

serankine

My daughter was diagnosed age 4.

She had just started reception.
She was drinking alot and going to the toilet.

She went to a birthday party one day and was running round playing for about 1hour with her friends then all of the sudden went pale and complained of belly ache and we had to take her home, also she would go to bed and cry that she was huungry and tumm hurting although she had only eaten tea an hour ago and she use to ask for a piece of gry bread and she would gobble it down like we had never fed her.

Luckily my mum had read an article on type 1, so i took an urine sample and went to the doctors.

Who said it was a urine infetion but i wouldnt leave till they tested for diabetes since i was really concerned she had glucose in her wee. Then they did a finger prick and her BG was 18. So they referred us to hospital. She still copmlains of tummy aches now. But Leahs symptomes before she we took her to the doctors were going on for 2months but didnt really pick them up we thought she was just going through a naughty stage it was only when the drinking and going to the toilet kicked in we got worried.
Hope this helps

smudge73

Thanks all, much appreciated. We took him to the doctors who has done blood, allergy and ultrasound tests all with no positive responses. I mentioned about diabetees but they didn't seem to think it was an issue. I bought some test strips and there is no protein or glucose but I will keep an eye on it as the tummy aches and lethargy are still there. Really appreciate you sharing your advice and stories, it helps a great deal. Sx