• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Stress

Messages
6
Location
Stevenage
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right now I'm under stress and wondering if it's affecting my blood sugar? I know that it's affecting my irritable bowel syndrome but my BS? I'm new to insulin and wondering why I have some high numbers, like in the 12s. It sounds strange but I'm a book dragon, no worms for me, and I can't settle down and enjoy my favourite author. I'm also sleeping more. Thank you.
 
It’s one of the things that can have a big effect on BG numbers & sometimes one we can do nothing about other than try to relax etc - easier said than done sometimes. You could be sleeping more because of the higher numbers, high BG can make you sleepy
 
I'm new to insulin and wondering why I have some high numbers, like in the 12s.
Finding the right insulin dose is a matter of time and trial and error.
How are your insulin doses being adjusted?

When do you see those higher numbers? Fasting or after meals? If you use a cgm, it's much easier to spot patterns around food than if you rely on fingerpricks.
What insulin(s) are you on?

I'm sorry to hear that your favourite books currently aren't working for you, hopefully this will get better when your bg gets down a little.
I remember from my high bg times I was sleepy all the time as well, especially after food.
 
Hi
Do you have a CGM if you are taking insulin?
I analyse the data to help with dosage is where i'm coming from.

Tony
 
Back
Top