Hi. I'm travelling to South America for 30 days and will be taking spare insulin pens as a back up. On the outward journey I will be travelling for 36 hrs. Does anyone have any advice how to keep my back up insulin fridge cold for this long?
Hi. I'm travelling to South America for 30 days and will be taking spare insulin pens as a back up. On the outward journey I will be travelling for 36 hrs. Does anyone have any advice how to keep my back up insulin fridge cold for this long?
Hi @Sally12
If you really want "fridge cold" then google - Portable insulin refrigerator and you will find various options, none of which I can vouch for.
Most of us use Frio Insulin Wallets for travel but they only stop the insulin getting too hot, they don't really keep it cold as such. These wallets can be purchased on Amazon and other places. I personally have found my wallets to be quite good for a month in Philippines with +30°C temperatures.
The solution to your problem may depend somewhat on the format of your insulin supply, eg : cartridge / disposable pen / vial ?
Take your prescription with you in case you have to hunt for insulin at your destination.
Thanks for your advice. I use pens. I'll be ok for any insulin I'm using it's just any pens I don't use will be 30 days old by end of holiday and of no use. Wanted to save wasting any.