• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Changing From Levemir

Hi I have been on Tresiba200 for 2 months, bear in mind that there is also Tresiba100. I was on 56 units of levermir split over 2 doses. Initially my suggested dose for tresiba200 was 48 units, however this caused many hypos and I was having to eat and drink a lot more sugary things and that was without taking any novarapid.
This is very interesting, as I'm looking into changing from U200 to U100 (because of refillable pens with a memory for last dose), and theoretically the dose should be the same, an insulin unit is an insulin unit, U100 is just more diluted than U200.
I'll have to be patient though. While my U100 will arrive next week, I still have a huge stockpile of U200 (due to a lowering insulin need) which needs to be used up first.

I'll keep in mind I may not need the same amount when switching!
 
Back
Top