• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

About to get a CGM

Mark Rawlinson

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,061
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
after 19 months of finger pricking I had a review from the surgery pharmacist re a Libre 2plus
I thought it was going to be there and then bit there is a training day on the 12 October where some one from Libre will be present
I did mention I do not have a smart phone or a phone capable of reading and was told they will supply a reader on the day
also I mentioned I do not ant to wear one in a obvious position he said it is possible to wear one on your stomach
lets see how this goes. more to follow
 
I think the libre is only licensed to wear on the back of the arm although I have read of some people on here trying it elsewhere.

I wear mine on my arm and the only time it’s on show is if I have a sleeveless top on, or if I’m swimming. Even a t shirt covers it. I’ve only ever had two people talk to me about it, one wanted to know where I got the pretty patterned sticker I had on on top because she thought her niece would like them, the other was diabetic and wanted to know what I thought about using it.

I think as more people wear them it isn’t really a big thing. Even sports people like Alexander Zverev who was checking his at Wimbledon, which helps other understand what it is.
 
There’s quite a few people who aren’t diabetic use them too, I can never understand why? But those are usually the ones who make a show of wearing one ;)
 
Back
Top