• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Gliclazide and Trulicity

Garrardrj

Newbie
Messages
1
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am well controlled on Trulicity (Type2) and most days before breakfast i am about 5.1-5.5 , i take a 40mg gliclazide with my breakfast and sometimes when i am out i feel as if my blood has dropped (about 2 hrs later), should i stop taking the gliclazide ? It has happened at home and my blood was around 4.5-4.7 . Anyone else experience this ?
 
Hi @Garrardrj & welcome to the forum

We can’t give medical advice or tell you to stop taking a medication, the best thing to do is speak to your GP or HCP if you have any concerns. You say you feel your BG dropping when you’re out. Do you test at these times? When I was on Gliclizide I carried my test meter at all times. If I felt low then I would test but I would only treat if I was under 4.

When you’ve tested at home when you felt like this you say you are around 4.5? Those numbers are fine and where I would like to be
 
Back
Top