• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Was told yesterday my pancreas is out of the honeymoon phase

Jodes 7

Well-Known Member
Messages
57
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all
I phoned my diabetes team yesterday to get advice due to a head cold and high blood sugar readings. During that call the nurse told me I no longer produce any of my own insulin as my pancreas is out of the honeymoon phase. After that call I felt sad but at the same time had an idea at the back of my head that this stage was coming. I’ve also been given a new ice and and an increased dose of Lantus
 
Hi all
I phoned my diabetes team yesterday to get advice due to a head cold and high blood sugar readings. During that call the nurse told me I no longer produce any of my own insulin as my pancreas is out of the honeymoon phase. After that call I felt sad but at the same time had an idea at the back of my head that this stage was coming. I’ve also been given a new ice and and an increased dose of Lantus
Hi, I’m curious how she knew. New blood test? How long from diagnosis to this step…? I suspect I’m still honeymooning as my level is quite tough to get right and seems to randomly hypo…
 
In fact, after the honeymoon, insulin doses stabilize and diabetes becomes easier to manage. But I understand your feelings, it's very sad to realize that a part of you has died.
 
Back
Top