Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
LittleGreyCat said:
M&S and the Co-op both do sausages which are over 90% pork so pretty good for low carbing.

I always wonder, when you see 65% pork, what they have really bulked it out with.

Fat, water and wheat flour to name a few :)

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some contain then parts of animals that you would not normally eat :shock:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
BioHaZarD said:
Some contain then parts of animals that you would not normally eat :shock:

Yes they do :lol:

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
:D Doesn't worry me though,I used to love haggis and Black pudding and there's some pretty grim things in those products(depending on your perception of Grim) :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Paul1976 said:
:D Doesn't worry me though,I used to love haggis and Black pudding and there's some pretty grim things in those products(depending on your perception of Grim) :wink:

Doesn't bother me either and love BP and occasionally eat Haggis too, that said I still like sausages to have a high meat content with as little hidden extras as possible :wink:

millie_uk

I felt like a change of dinner tonight because it's fish, chicken and ham most nights. I couldn't find low carb sausages here, I live in the Highlands. I checked Tesco again tonight and noticed Tesco Finest British Pork Toulouse Style sausages. 2 grilled sausages are 0.3g carbs. No rusk or similar at all. Ingredients are 78% pork, 12% Bacon, Merlot! Parsley, Garlic Puree, Herbs, Salt and a few emulsifiers and preservatives.

I cooked them and had them with stir fried veg and I must say it was the best dinner I have had in weeks, maybe longer lol.