Letter in Telegraph today

benedict

Administrator
This thread is back on, a number of posts that were largely personal have been removed and some members have received feedback.

With thanks
Benedict

minitata

I've been overweight all my life (well since I was 6) yet I was always on the go. We were a poor family and lived on cheap carbs etc., While at school I swam, ran, played hockey threw the discus and shot put yet my weight was the equal to my age. Nowadays I have fibromyalgia, arthritis and chronic fatigue syndrome and do no exercise. I have a stair-lift, a wheelchair and a husband that does everything for me.

Over the last year I've lost just under 4 stone by cutting the carbs and adding fat, fat and more fat to my diet - before then no matter what I did I couldn't lose weight, following orders of low-fat and low calorie. I've learnt that the butter on my bread or potato isn't the enemy it's the bread and potato.

Oh and my husband has never taken much in the way of exercise but has always been able to eat just what he wants, when he wants it - and still does. His weight has been the same for the last 20 years. Toast with slices of butter (he keeps it in the fridge) and piled high with jam in between most meals - don't you just hate people like that :lol:

MTT