BREAKFAST

A

Anonymous

Have had a look at the Glenisk ones. The Greek Style Natural is not too bad at 5.3g per 100g, but you can go lower. Asda Thick Greek Yoghurt is 4g per 100g and from memory Total Greek Yoghurt (the king of all Greek yoghurt) is 3.9g.

The fruit Glenisk ones are way to high for me at 16.5g per 100g

ZoriWser

Various meats, seafood and vegetables, in various blends. Skip toasted breads bread with unusual meat mind!
I can eat berries without a issue but not really an daily choice presently of year!
Porridge rises my BG and as for All Wheat bran - tried it finished up at 12 mmo/L - examined the load up and its got a lot of glucose in it. Thanks Diabetic issues UK!
I have prepared things on a few days, used cod, weeds and poached egg today.
I am going to try scrambled egg this 7 days, fast if done in a microwave, you can always fall in a few pieces of ham or vegetables to cheer it up.

[link removed]

Mushroom

Just had my scrambled eggs with butter, Jimmy's farm sausage (left-over from tea last night) and my rasher of local farm bacon (no white stuff) with yummy rind. What a lovely excuse to have a cooked breakfast. Replaces my pre-diagnosis 4 slices of white bread and marmalade - I like to think the additional large amount of butter would have helped offset some of the glucose!! If in a hurry have Special K with milk, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, few Chia seeds and Goji berries or fresh raspberries from our raspberries canes. My one concession to my previous high-carb existence. Suppose it's a bit of a home-made muesli. (Have tested and I can just about get away with it).

Darcy

Breakfast gives you a chance to start your day with a healthy and nutritious meal,
which may reduce your risk of heart disease,
So do not skip breakfast it may be more important than you think....

[signature removed]

owain2

I tend to "raid the Fridge" for breakfast. That often means hard boiled eggs or cold meat.

Today it was the remains of last nights chicken curry with added butter. I often have a tin of sardines with EV olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and oregano.

I would skip breakfast altogether if the only option was to pollute my body with cereals!

Owain.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I think firstly you would be best if you didn't buy any more cereal so it's not available for you to eat. Instead, buy some sliced ready cooked meats, bland cheeses, eggs, strawbs and have them available for when you become hungry. Get the word 'breakfast' out of your head and replace it with 'first meal of the day' and forget about what time you have it. Just wait until you're hungry and have the sliced meat if you don't want to cook. Don't worry about whether it looks like 'a meal' or 'a breakfast'. It's fuel.

You'll probably only manage a little slice at first but eventually your body will ask for more and if you refuse to give it cereal, it will start telling you what it wants instead. Scrambled egg done in the micro takes only a minute.