Reduce heart attack risk with flu jab?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you’re tempted to skip your flu shot, consider this: Getting vaccinated cuts risk for a heart attack or stroke by up to 50 percent, according to two studies presented at the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhe ... rt-attacks

I found it interesting that the US CDC (centre for disease control and prevention) uses heart attack rates to track flu outbreaks
. “They look for areas with a sudden surge in heart attacks and send a team to investigate, because the cause is almost always a spike in flu cases.”

Cowboyjim

I had mine despite web research revealing the cocktail of ingredients.... some of my chums on FB love to trot such things out... but none of them have DM (afaik) and so have to pay... It was a very simple thing to have done to me and when it is done by one of the more attractive lady GPs at the practice... I nearly went in again! :D

Interesting correlation... I wonder if they do it for other things... read somewhere about the incidence of heart attacks after snowfalls... over exertion whilst drive clearing or something... ouch!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pharmajet-enters-strategic-collaboration-csl-233800620.html
Vaccine magazine’s July 2012 issue reported that 24% of adults and 63% of children are fearful of needles and this has a direct relationship to immunization non-compliance.1 It is estimated that 7% to 17% of the US population choose to forego vaccinations due to fear of needle injections.2 Needle-free jet injectors have been used in the U.S. and other countries to deliver millions of vaccinations.3 PharmaJet injectors use pressure to create a fine stream of liquid that penetrates the skin, delivering doses to the desired depth, while eliminating needle-stick injuries, needle anxiety and the cost burden of “sharps” disposal management. The PharmaJet Stratis® device has received FDA 510(k) marketing clearance and provides easy and affordable injections, delivering vaccine in 1/5th of a second and with reduced pain sensation.