Type 2 Diabetes/Byetta Injections

Knightwatch

I was diagnosed during 2007 with Type 2 Diabetes, and given all the general Medication for same, I was sent to see a Consultant at one of the local hospitals and it was established during a scan I had only one & half Kidneys, and that this was part of my Diabetic issues also the Medication was causing damage to Kidneys and at one stage was declared Stage 4 Renal Failure. This particular Hospital and Consultant did not see eye to eye and after a Check-up at GP Practise was sent to see another Consultant, at another local Hospital who started me on Byetta Injections along with Gliclazide, removing all my other Diabetes Medication with exception of BP/Cholestrol/Asprin/Statins, and although during a recent MOT Bloods were not as good as I expected the Consultant was fairly happy with GFR/Creatine/HbA1c results and told me to carry on as is and see me again in 4 x months. I am also Stage 3 Renal Failure with Nuropathy in Feet and ankles although I have good pulses in both feet, however when its cold and damp my feet are like ice and when its warm they are like a furness, What I question in view of recent information regarding standards of Health Care is why Diabetecs are only seen yearly and the MOT covers the preceeding 6 x weeks approx, and certainly in my case where you are monitoring Glucose/Sugar Daily you are not aware of GFR/Cretine issue until results are posted, and to that end I feel that a smaller type Blood Testing Machine as used when I go to see my Consultant should be avilable for home use for all Diabetics, and perhaps this would help to reduce the current situation, although overall I cannot complain about my Health Teams care and Support. : :D

korfila

diagnosed type 2 diabetic nearly 5 years ago, was given the usual diet and glicglazide 40mgs tablets 2 a day,
after 6 months commenced on Metformin 500mgs twice a day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, very bad expirience, the terrible RUNs, then after a few months commenced on januvia 100mgs a day one tablet and gliclazide 40mgs 2 a day, b/s raising +++, fasting ones too,
to hopefully start on the weekly byetta medication next week,

my question is can i take the januvia with the weekly byetta??, does the weekly byetta give you the RUNs like the Medformin??

thanks,
and please reply,
thanks,
ken,

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Taking Byetta gave me an upset tummy for months, and still does if i eat to many carbs, i also experienced nausea and loss of appetite. I did stick with it and all the symptoms went after a few months. The plus side was a drop in blood sugar levels and good weight loss. If you have concerns about mixing medication talk to your pharmacist, my local one is most helpful :)

Ktee

I was taking Byetta 5mc for 2 weeks and then put onto 10mcs. I'm having real problems with it, the side affects are horrendous, i'm sure you don't want those details. You're supposed to inject it with an empty stomach, but i take other meds ( tablets ), so i wait half an hour after the injection, then take them. i then get terrible stomach pain, nausea and often vomiting. The last thing i feel like is eating, but i force a little oatmeal down. I don't have lunch because i'm confused about how long it takes for my breakfast to digest so i have an empty stomach again. AGGHHHH!! Can anyone help?