addiction

jimidewhurst

Dislikes
people saying i CANT do something cause of my condition
hey im 26 years old and i have a really bad problem with diet coke anyone else got this would like to know that it not just me

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What problem do you have with it ?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lol, just read the post properly. Diet choke does contain caffeine which can be addictive. The more u have the more u want. Also caffeine can need around with sugar levels as it is a stimulant, have u tried the diet caffeine free. have to admit its the only cold drink (apart from water ) I drink too just cause its sugar free lol

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Mshipmonkey

My brother was also addicted to Pepsi Max. Its the Phosphoric acid which really doesn't help. It can affect your moods so much & my brother feels so much better now that he stopped drinking it.

Fcooper

I use to drink about 1 or 2 2litre bottles of diet coke a day as a teenager (I'm 23 now) plus all the cans I drunk whilst I was out! I loved it! Couldn't get enough of it! That lovely ice cold diet coke straight from the fridge.

I don't know why but I don't drink it all now, I suddenly stopped drinking it and started drinking loads of water.

I see in the newspaper that a women died from a heart attack because she drunk 6 - 8 bottles of coke a day and she was only about 30.

In my opinion no fizzy drink is good for you and should just stick to water :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Take a dirty coin. Leave it in a glass of coke for a day or so and look how clean it is.
Not on my insides thankyou.
Filtered water, green tea, badiot naturally sparkling and my favourite buxton spring.

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
MCMLXXIII said:
Take a dirty coin. Leave it in a glass of coke for a day or so and look how clean it is.
Not on my insides thankyou.
Filtered water, green tea, badiot naturally sparkling and my favourite buxton spring.

Green tea is alright if you can stomach it. I can't stand it :sick:

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try it with a fruity twist.?
Or African roobios tea, there's one with fennel and cardamon which is nice.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
MCMLXXIII said:
Try it with a fruity twist.?
Or African roobios tea, there's one with fennel and cardamon which is nice.

:sick: Any tea just... isn't my cup of tea! I'm a huge coffee addict and can't stand the taste of any kind of tea. I've tried herbal ones, builders tea and a load of others. They smell great but I just can't hack the taste!

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
I'll stick to vodka thank you, with the occasional regular PG and Espresso thank you.....

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Superchip said:
I'll stick to vodka thank you, with the occasional regular PG and Espresso thank you.....
Someone like me who didn't like the coffee creams in the milk tray then eh?

Susiebabs

MCMLXXIII said:
Someone like me who didn't like the coffee creams in the milk tray then eh?

:shock: I LOVE coffee creams.....in fact most coffee flavoured things....just don't actually like coffee! Wanted to when I was younger (cause it was cool and continental - unlike myself) but I could never do it. Didn't like tea at all either till very recently (last few months really) and now semi addicted to the peppermint stuff! Might branch out to some other flavours too! LOL