Low's

Stormylady

Not sure if this has been covered before, but I take Metformin twice a day, and repeatedly get low blood sugar in the morning. I think the lowest I've tested was 3.2, this is quite regular, in fact at the moment it's starting, luckily this time it's virtually lunch time, but often it's a couple of hours before lunch. I get shaky, feel nauseous, find it hard to concentrate,(you don't know how many mistakes I'm making typing this, and having to correct it) this then usually leaves me with a headache, and extreme fatigue. In the past I have been diagnosed with Arthritis, and Fibromyalgia, I take medication for those. Is this normal, do I need more Metformin, or less? When I told my diabetic nurse at my annual check last August (I think) she said "Oh good that's your body getting used to when it needs sugar" Surely I don't need to feel so **** for my body to know it needs sugar? :? I cannot test every day as my GP won't prescribe me test strips, and I cannot afford to keep buying them, so testing is limited. :(

prwilson

Have you tried having a small mid-morning snack to boost your levels a tad, maybe a piece of fruit; an apple, say?