Intro

I am blind, I use the computer with the aid of specilised software, Look at the abilities NOT the disabilities!!

Hello and welcome to the Bob n Paula fan club homepage. You are about to embark on a magical, mystical journey of all things Bob. Hold on and enjoy the ride.

Our journey begins.
Bob was born at a very early age, hang on I'll just grab a calculator, plus five,times two carry the three plus the number of stripes on a zebras ****, oh thats it, it was in February, 1959. there were mysterious reports of people randomly breaking out into song all over the country. There were rumors of a national holiday but Bob is far too humble for that.

Bob grew up happy and spread joy to all those around him. There is much more to this story but you have to have a full membership to get all the details lol.

Fast forward to the present. Bob lives a quiet yet interesting life in suburban Whitehaven, England. He shares his life with his guidedog, an alligator, and a menagerie of exotic pets. I should mention here that all the animals apart from the Dog are stuffed.

Aside from his legions of fans, Bob likes to fundraise for various charities, explore, use computers for the blind and spend time with friends and family. Bob is also a lotto winner recently winning £10 on a lucky scratch card.

Although Bob's life is rich and fulfilling he is always looking to add friends. Bob believes a day he hasn't touched some body's life is a day that is wasted.

To join the fan club is free. The only stipulations are that you have a sense of humor and revel in all the wonders and mysteries of life oh and Bob adoration of course.

If you are inquiring about the Bob calendar (365 days of Bob) it is on hold until we can get a photographer that doesn't keep all the photos for themselves. Feel free to save and print any images shown on this site. I hear autographed copies are steadily gaining value on EBay.

Thank you for reading this far and have a very rewarding Bob day.

Oh before you go, I was in Tescos the other day - I'd left the dog at home and was just using my white stick and I was buying a large bag of Omega Rings for my Labrador Retriever Paula and was in line to check out.
A woman behind me asked if I had a dog.
On impulse, I told her, “no, I am starting The Omega Rings Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 3 stone before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and I.V.'s in both arms”.
I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Omega Rings and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry & that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again. I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall woman who was stood behind the lady who had originally questioned me.

Horrified, she asked if I'd been poisoned and was that why I was in the hospital. I said, “no.....I'd been sitting in the street licking my balls and a car hit me.”
I thought the tall woman was going to have a fit.
Have a very happy Bob day now why have these men put a jacket on me and why are the sleeves so long, oh help doctor please I don't need those tranquilisers aaaargh!

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You have a happy outlook Bob (although a wicked sense of humour - those poor shoppers! Naughty!) Please consider my request to join the fan club. However, can only guarantee limited adoration due to other commitments. Welcome to the forum

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Merlyn13

Hi Bob

Welcome from another newbie. I am intrigued - do you use a Braille reader or an audio reader?

Adoration only if I get Labrador cuddles with it!

Keep up the sunny outlook even in the snow.
TJ

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I use an audio reader its great apart from when people make spelling mistakes lol. You can have the adoration from me Paula (my current guide dog ) sends licks n wags and all the rest
all the best
Bob

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My puppy is 5 months old. He would really love to meet Paula so is sad she is so far away. He's barking and wondering if she can hear him.

(At least I think that's what's he's doing. He's being loud regardless)

Ok he's a 5 month old Lab, fair enough my dogs have all been trained before I got them but over the years I have picked up a few training tips. What do you feed him on and how much, how often? Labs are 4 legged dustbins anything I can do to help I will.
How is he on recall?
I feed Paula the same every day ONCE a day in the am so that she has time to get rid off all her **** during the day so there is NO possibility of her waking me to go to the toilet.
Before I allow her to eat I make her sit and WAIT, (usually a good time to practice her obedience) Then get a whistle and blow three times before allowing her to go near her food (then when she is free running if I blow a whistle three times the dog anticipates food and comes straight back)
I have never fed my dogs wet food ie tinned meat, I believe this makes dogs vicious.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
gustheguidedog said:
Ok he's a 5 month old Lab, fair enough my dogs have all been trained before I got them but over the years I have picked up a few training tips. What do you feed him on and how much, how often? Labs are 4 legged dustbins anything I can do to help I will.
How is he on recall?
I feed Paula the same every day ONCE a day in the am so that she has time to get rid off all her **** during the day so there is NO possibility of her waking me to go to the toilet.
Before I allow her to eat I make her sit and WAIT, (usually a good time to practice her obedience) Then get a whistle and blow three times before allowing her to go near her food (then when she is free running if I blow a whistle three times the dog anticipates food and comes straight back)
I have never fed my dogs wet food ie tinned meat, I believe this makes dogs vicious.

He's actually a beagle crossed with a pug, nice middle sized! He's on 3 meals a day still, only dry food. I'm with you on the wet food, it also coats their teeth and rots them causing problems later! He will wait for hours for his dinner. He waits on his bed and I've hot it so I can leave the room and he won't move which I'm pretty proud of him for

His recall is good 80% of the time. I use a whistle and he knows there's a biscuit in it for him if he comes back! He sometimes forgets when he finds someone new to play with though!

His issue at the moment though is aggression :( he's not vicious, he's very very scared. He runs away from people, but his hackles are up and he growls. Gives a very bad impression. I make him confront his fear and he then remembers he likes people, but then freaks out again the next time! Silly boy. He's off for that "special operation" next month which the vet says will help. He's still loveable 99% of the time though :)