Insulin and dka

stevew073

Hi im new to the forum but i have been a type 1 diabetic steriod induced from the treatment for crohns anyway to cut a very long story short i have been neglecting my insulin for many years now and have had many episodes of dks and many hospital addmisions due to this also in the last year it has been discovered i now have addisons disease to add to my other illnesess anyway after being stabalised in hospital i always say right i cant go through thid again and i start taking my insulin as i should and for a few weeks this is fine but then i fall back into my old ways and skip isulin meals etc etc and i just cant get back into the habit of doing it properly and im back to square one again ,i dont really get any support from the diabetic nurses or my family i know what its doing to my body and i have developed neuropathy in my legs which is so painful and im not getting really upset about it and cant take anymore iam on anti deppresants and im having a lot of suicidal thoughts please can you guys out there help me with advice tips anything please !!!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AngelaY

Hey. I did the same thing before, and I
Just got back on track. It is really hard at first, I fight everytime with my mind if I should take the shots or not. Cause I'm still suffering with diabulimia. It is really hard, I have my meltdown times. But u would really need ur families' support. U can do it, believe in urself.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App