Lizzie is driving me nuts!

descartesmum

I've been on Byetta now since March and I have to admit that the food I have been able to eat has been strange. My problem is now I just can't face the usual foods that I have been eating. Lunch would be a couple of ears of corn and now I can't face them. Yogurt is also on the no no list when before I was having 2 a day.

I don't know what to eat.

I'm hungriest at breakfast and then the appetite slowly dies until the night when I just don't want to eat but have to do to the meds, including the Byetta.

Does anyone else on Byetta have this problem? I've bought some salad stuff for tomorrow but it just doesn't appeal.

Help!

Carol

jansouth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello Carol
I am fairly new to Byetta, almost two weeks now, and I am finding the same problem, but until I have lost more weight, I am not too worried about it.
I had spent lots of time tonight making fresh home made chicken broth. Normally love home made soup. Dished it up, took one spoonful, and just couldn't stand the taste. It seemed really sweet, somehow. Asked my husband was anything odd about it, but had guessed by the way he was wolfing it down, that there wasn't !
As this has never happened to me before, I assume it's the byetta. I haven't taken my Metformin tonight, but have had a banana, which is all I could fancy.

Janet

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Carol and Janet,
I'm afraid I can't help you with this one. Being on Byetta hasn't changed my taste buds in the least. Everything tastes the same to me and I still eat most of what I ate before. The reduced appetite results in smaller portions, especially the starchy carbs which are in much smaller portions!

cherrypie

Taste is one of the things that I notice on Byetta - been on it since March too. - I often have a sort of salty but sweet taste in my mouth and some things do taste sweet - chicken soup is one of them. I do find it a problem - I try to cleanse my palette with fruit and a cup of tea but even that tastes odd sometimes