Can anybody help

Hi all,

Last week I had a fasting blood test done which came back high, and then a HBA1C a few days later, which came back normal, I had a finger prick done today and that came back okay too. :crazy:
I am frustrated as I seem to be getting nowhere! I am constantly thirsty and using the toilet, as well as having trouble with my vision. :think:

I have two further fasting bloods next week..

Has anybody else had this much trouble with a diagnosis? I am loosing patience very fast!

:evil:

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Hba1c is usually considered a pretty good indicator which you say came back normal. The finger prick test also was OK.

It seems you have not met the criteria for being diagnosed with diabetes so I am not sure what is causing your problems.

Have you been drinking a lot of coffee or tea lately?

We will all be interested in the results of your fasting tests.

Hi Squire Fulwood,

No, I haven't been drinking anything different no coffee or anything like that.

I will find out on thursday a whole weeks time. really frustrating having to wait around. I would of rather had two fasting tests already then I would of been more certain :crazy:

saloplass

Hi, Yes I have had years of 'odd' results - mostly after fasting and glucose tolerance tests too. But, hang in there you need a correct diagnosis, and one that you are going to be happy with. I have had visual problems too - but it seems that these could be visual migraines - have to see the doctor. But, I have damage behind one eye, so like I said, I would recommend you hang in there for a correct result. The HbA1c seems to be the most reliable, finger prick tests are what your glucose levels are at that moment which vary from meal to meal, and any exercise. So take care, and ask to see a Endocrinologist at your local hospital.