Weight loss !

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My T1 husband, after a lifetime of the condition, has multiple complications, including kidney failure. For a long time we managed to keep the kidneys working adequately, by keeping BG down. Now. probably as a result of a chest infection, there's been a deterioration.
To protect what function he has, I've been reading around the subject and consulting the family medic [my vet brother]
We've adjusted our eating to mostly veggies with LOW protein. Iwant him to lose about 25 kilos to drop his blood pressure right down. Of course I have to eat the same food in support. thus far I've lost 3kg in 2 weeks and he's lost 4. We're already pretty low carb. It's easier to plan recipes than I thought. Today I made a cauliflower soup, thick with the vegetable mushed in it and added a bit of Stilton cheese for the protein. Delicious! We're aiming for 20g protein per day and 30 g of carb.
Last week one meal was a salad with slivers of steak on it and a HOT dressing, another was aubergine slices baked with a cream cheese and cream sauce. Tomorrow will be peppers stuffed with finely diced Mediterranean vegetables and pesto. I might put a couple of baby Jersey Royals with that and small bit of Goat's cheese.
I find soft cheeses, which are fairly low in protein to be useful. the vet recommends white meats rather than red. I did see a recipe for lemon chicken on TV the other evening, which I shall try. We generally eat a meal at lunchtime and have got used to SMALL amounts of food. Forget feeling full! And yes there is weight loss even with the fats in the cheeses
Hana

Anguse

HI Hana,
Exercise regularly to lose weight as it burns fat and boost your metabolism resulting weight loss. Break meals in 5 small meals including snacks and prefer raw food over processed food. Get hydrated by increasing your water intake and drink green tea after meals. Avoid having anything before going to bed and sleep for 7-8 hours in a day.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I go to gym classes and aqua exercise classes several times a week. a total of about 5 hours group exercise, plus some hiking.
Hana