My restrictive diet paid off

jeanie99

Since I was diagnosed with pre diabetes some weeks ago I have researched the Internet for foods I can eat and boy is it complex.
I had asked to see a dietician but had to go it alone as the appointment is taking so long to come thru, just heard Friday I have an appointment in August.

I stopped eating any sweet deserts which was very hard for the first few days but after that I have not been bothered at all.

Continued to eat poultry and fish but cut down on pork beef and lamb to the rarely list.

Cut out anything with sugar in it
Cut down on starches potatoes, parsnips eating brown rice instead of white and only eating rarely sauces.
continued eating soya linsead bread but no white bread
No processed meats.
Stopped eating liver

I'm not only pre diabetic but have high blood pressure and high cholesterol so have had to also consider these two problems but I'm very happy to say I am now at normal level, 6 hour fast was 5.1 and after eating at 2 hrs 5.2.

The cholesterol test is to be done at the end of July so fingers crossed for that but anyway I'm half way there so am very pleased.
:D

carliannie

Hi Jeannie congratulations that's excellent work in such a short space of time, after months of struggling with my BS I am only now starting to see a change, morning readings are 6.2 which is great for me as I was previously 6.9 -7.2 My thing is carbs, I have cut down dramatically on them and its made a huge difference and like you I cut out certain meats. Long may it continue. :D