Water question

nok1888

Not sure if this is posted in correct place.

All my like I've drank fizzy juice and now that I'm diabetic I'm kind of worried about the damage my kidneys must have taken. I've decided to stop the fizzy juice except for 1 glass (of sugar free juice) with my tea at night, and start drinking 2ltrs of water to help flush out my kidneys and keep them healthy

Anyway, is it ok to use sugar free squash in the water or does it have to be plain water? I drink it weak

2.0 Border Collies - Jinky and Chance
3.0 Cats - Monty, Dodger and Crunchie
1.1 Royal Pythons Orlina and Sedrick
0.1 BCI Boa - Aasia
1.0 Western Hognose - Hagrid
0.1 Bearded Dragon - iiara

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Luckily I managed to give up the fizzies years ago. I hate to think of what that stuff did to me. If you are sure that the drinks are sugar/carbohydrate free then I can see no problem. I have read in other posts that people mix fruit juice with carbonated water, and some have diet cola's. even if your drink did have a gram or two of sugar in it, one wouldn't hurt, would it?

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
I have given up fizzy drinks due to the sweeteners in them and also now take tea and coffee without sweeteners. Always check the label to see how many carbs are in the "sugar free" juice, don't just take their word for it. I drink at least 2 litres of fluid a day, a cup of tea first thing and then mainly water but I may have some green tea. If the carb count is low then have some weak if you can't stomach water only and certainly one cup won't be a problem