I have lost my way, please help

orchidlady

I was diagnosed last year and went into complete panic, cut out sugar, low carb dis all the right things. I had incredibly high reading ( bought my self self testing kit, as was not deemed a requirement by nurse, you know the story) Trouble is I have totally lost my way ,I have had a very troubling year, money and relationship problems and I just felt could not face this also. I am on Metformin which I find terribly difficult to take due to size of tablet so end up not taking in the evening, my diet is most def not low carb at the moment. I just hate all this. I have just joined the gym again today a braved testing after 1 hour workout and read 13.5, that can't be right. I am worried I have done some damage over the last few months, thought weirdly even though levels are terrible I actually feel great and demonstate very few symptoms. Can anyone out with more experience than I help me get back on track.

AngelaY

Mood swings and emotions does affect our readings, but it shouldn't do much to it. You should definitely start to take out the excessive carbs slowly for now, like bread rice potatos. I understand that it will be hard, but it would really help. But if it still very high after you have done all that, I suggest you to talk to your doctor about insulin. And check before you excercise because if you are high and you still excercise it would just bring it up higher

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App