Artificial sweetner may have affected my joints.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
The joints in question being my neck and right shoulder. Last year I realised that I couldn't tilt my neck back as far as I used to. I then discovered that I couldn't reach as high with my right arm as I could with my left. I put all this down to my arthritis, old age and having worked as a builder all my life.

A month or so ago I noticed a topic on this site about artificial sweetner, and the possibility that it can be harmful. I used a fair bit of the stuff in my porridge and tabs in hot drinks, so during a normal day i must have had a fair bit of it. Some friends staying with me that week persuaded me to give it up. I did and 4 days later I could tip my head back further and nearly reach up as high with my right arm. It has now been about a month since giving up the stuff and I have full mobility on these joints.

Giving up sweetner was and still is very hard. I am addicted to sweet things. A cup of tea and coffee is just bitter hot water. I now have ginger and other spices in my porridge with a very small amount of sultanas.

I know there are other forms of artificial sweetner out there, maybe even safe ones, but I will stick to my guns and give up on them all, or I might never break this addiction.

Lee

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
I tried lots of different sweetners over the years. For a last few years I have used powder and tablets called Slimmer. They cantain aspertame and acesulfame-k and several other chemicals.