Falling off the wagon (and getting back on it)

Stephy84

Hi there folks,

I've been low carbing on and off since 2011, and usually have a great 3/4 weeks before a plunge off the wagon. It varies how long it takes to get back on again, but I really think the only way I can attain reasonable control is with low carb so I eventually sort myself out. I'm a T1 (diagnosed 3 and half years ago, so relatively new)I've done DAFNE and just ended up with seesawing sugars, nasty highs and horrible lows.
So! I am determined to get back to healthy low carb and good sugars. I have clinic next week and I know my hba1c is gonna be TERRIBLE (3 and half weeks in Canada and America and a ton of Mexican food...eeek!) but maybe that is the kick start I need.

Anyone else have bad days (weeks?) and how do they recover/keep the motivation going? I'd love to know. I keep thinking I really want to make some lasting changes before its too late!

Cheers and hope everyone is well,

Steph x

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This happens to me quite often and at times I think I have an eating disorder!! I'm either all or nothing. I fell off the wagon in August while on holiday in Menorca, all inclusive. On return I'd gained weight and my control was erratic as to be expected. After 34 years of being type 1 I know how to get myself back on the strait and narrow but I have continued to eat a high carb unhealthy diet since August. Finally, after being fed up of chasing my bg results around, feeling lousy and gaining a whopping 23 lbs since my holiday, I am back on the strait and narrow. Low carbing again and following the 5:2 way if eating to shift those pounds.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App