Calf pain getting worse

Marky249

Hi there this is my first post as i don't really know what else to do!

Im a recently diagnosed type 1 diabetic (april 2010) and have had issues with a pain in my calf's which has escalated from a dull ache to constant pain.

So i went to my Gp who reluctantly prescribed me with pain killers 'Zapain' who referred me to the vascular team at hospital six weeks ago and today was my appointment.

The dr examined me and ruled out vascular or artillery issues and sent me back to the Gp so i feel like im going round in circles and I dont know what to do!

Im really active and now a 10/15 min walk has become a hard task and im just getting worse.

The pain has become unbearable i.e not being able to sleep or work, the pain killers work but its hard to function as there quite strong.

Fortunately i have got good control over my sugar levels so high levels arent to blame.

Can anyone advise me what to do?

Thank you

staycalm&hopeful

hi marky,
I know what you mean with the pain,i have had pain in my legs constantley for a year i am on
gabapentin type 2.Also aniemia (sorry cant spell) pernious .Anyway doctor says its your diabetes or
B12 causes it but a nerve conductive test was in conclusive,
but you do sound a strong person to me.Iwish you all the best take care
DEBS :wink:

Haylily76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I know this is an old post but I found it whilst looking for some information about my condition. I am diabetic and have been having a lot of pain in my calves for about 4 months now and after many trips back and forth to the doctors and hospital I have been advised that I have fibramyalgia. I am still taking the zapain but not as many, we are currently working at getting the dosage right for the Anti D's that I have been prescribed for this condition, the dosage it no where near the same as what is taken for depression but this seems to be working.

kellibabi

Hi,

Re: your calf pain

I wanted to ask if you are taking a statin?
I was on Simvastatin & had a similar problem - pain/numbness in calf/legs.

If so, it might be worth asking GP to try a different statin?

Please note: I DO NOT have any medical training - it's just a thought!