Anonymous Question GP Misdiagnosed Diabetes

Anonymous Question

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Anonymous question submitted:

Almost 2 years ago my GP told me (in a fit of temper!!), I was diabetic! He did not tell me what type or what he was going to do about it! Then my Local Hospital conducted some tests over a 96 hour stay (unrelated), in hospital at the end of which they stated I was not diabetic! I have no symptoms as far as I know! However some years ago I was diagnosed with Familial Hypertriglyceridemia which was brought under control by drug therapy.

My question: How do I prevent my GP from misdiagnosing diabetes and treating me to a stroke and certain death? I've already had three heart events and don't care for another any time soon!!

To submit a question, please go to http://www.diabetes.co.uk/ask-an-anonymous-question.html

B

badcat

Anonymous question submitted:

Almost 2 years ago my GP told me (in a fit of temper!!), I was diabetic! He did not tell me what type or what he was going to do about it! Then my Local Hospital conducted some tests over a 96 hour stay (unrelated), in hospital at the end of which they stated I was not diabetic! I have no symptoms as far as I know! However some years ago I was diagnosed with Familial Hypertriglyceridemia which was brought under control by drug therapy.

My question: How do I prevent my GP from misdiagnosing diabetes and treating me to a stroke and certain death? I've already had three heart events and don't care for another any time soon!!

To submit a question, please go to http://www.diabetes.co.uk/ask-an-anonymous-question.html
Change gps - it's what I had to do when a gp mis diagnosed blackening of my foot as a sign it was healing rather than a sign of gangrene! - even the hospital wouldn't discharge me following the resultant surgery until I'd changed gp!

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
COMPLAIN! in writing, keeping copies, go to the practice manager, gather evidence, get reports from the hospital to back up your claims, keep copies of everything sent and received (this is so IMPORTANT) If the practice manager tries to sweep it under the rug then you need to go to NHS England and follow their complaints procedure.

ALSO demand to switch GP's, you have every right to and they are NOT allowed to refuse you, you may have to push for this, you may not depending on your practice.

Good luck and let us know how you get on *hugs*