social drinking

Simply

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As a non drinker ,I used to drink Diet Coke on social occasions and recently diet coke and soda .
Recently my blood results have been high and I find myself at a loss to know what I can drink when I go out with my partner .

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hi and welcome,
i dont drink so cant help but im sure someone will be along to help you shortly:)

Reactions: 2 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diet coke won't raise your bg as it has no sugar in it, you could stick to that.
There is also alcoholic free lagers which do contain a tiny amount of sugar so it depends how strict you are when it comes to drinking those and how many you have.
I've also drank lime and soda but it depends whether your local has sugar free cordial or not, no harm in asking!

Hope this helps.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kesun

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
As a non drinker ,I used to drink Diet Coke on social occasions and recently diet coke and soda .
Recently my blood results have been high and I find myself at a loss to know what I can drink when I go out with my partner .
I do so sympathise! I do drink, but not heavily, and it's a real problem to find a soft pub alternative that isn't full of sugar. My fall-backs are:

Fizzy water (mineral or soda) with ice and a slice: squeeze the lemon into the water to give it more taste;
Diet tonic with the same (but no need to squeeze the lemon) - but I'm not that keen on the taste of diet tonic;
Virgin Mary;
Fizzy water with Angostura bitters
Cup of coffee

Kate

Reactions: 4 people

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's also slim lime bitter lemon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpe

Diet coke won't raise your bg as it has no sugar in it, you could stick to that.
There is also alcoholic free lagers which do contain a tiny amount of sugar so it depends how strict you are when it comes to drinking those and how many you have.
I've also drank lime and soda but it depends whether your local has sugar free cordial or not, no harm in asking!

What's more likely to be a concern with beers is starch. Which removal of alcohol not affecting this at all.
Yeast fermentation tends to convert ALL "sugars" into ethanol.

Simply

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A low carb beer site that may be of interest, scroll down for the carb count of various beers http://low-carb-beer.blogspot.ca/
I don't drink beers, lager or shorts , but because my other half enjoys going out for a social drink ,I've always drunk Diet Coke and soda .
Unfortunately that's now affecting my blood tests and stomach so I'm looking for tasty alternatives .

Bob67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't drink beers, lager or shorts , but because my other half enjoys going out for a social drink ,I've always drunk Diet Coke and soda .
Unfortunately that's now affecting my blood tests and stomach so I'm looking for tasty alternatives .

Have you tried Coke Zero? there is nothing in it that would would have any effect on your BG. It became my drink of choice when not drinking.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried Coke Zero? there is nothing in it that would would have any effect on your BG. It became my drink of choice when not drinking.
I find that Pepsi max tastes better

Sent from my iPad

arubansurf

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I don't like exercising by myself.
I believe the chemicals in "sugar-free" foods and drinks are harmful, especially to the brain. I stick with carbonated water. The term "sugar-free" is so misleading. I would like the term sugar-free regulated to mean "contains no sugar." If a product is artificially sweetened, it should say just that on the label. I want products that contain no sugar AND no artificial sweeteners. Anyone know how to combat this misleading advertising?