**** and blast, think I've got type 2

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear you have been told to reduce your carbs, thats the best advice anyone can give you. If you get off the carbs and reduce your weight (and this is much easier on a low carb diet) then you will find you should be able to reduce the medications and achieve good control through diet and exercise.

Caveat - dont try and reduce your BG levels too quickly, this can itself cause other problems, a slow reduction is the safest way.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thommo is very right! Do a search for 'low carb flu' so that you know what symptoms to expect, if/when you cut the carbs quickly. I suspect you may have enough to cope with at the moment, without that as well! Just cut back gently, and you'll find things still improve nicely.

How are you doing?

I also recommend the thread 'what did you eat today?'.
It gives a fantastic range of things you CAN eat.

Reactions: 2 people

Obeaston

Type of diabetes
Insipidus
Treatment type
Other
Starting to feel a bit better last level yesterday pre dinner was 12 something.
I've cut the carbs totally-I've experienced carb flu twicw before , when trying to lose weight, I lost five stone put it back on , and more, and then lost it again and put back on - yo yo dieting in the extreme!
Rather get all the rubbish symptoms over with in a oner and get this weight off - I'll save the muscle pain for when my levels even out or reduce.

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Excuse my ignorance but what is DKA? Sorry I haven't mastered all the diabetic terminology yet! It sounds pretty scary so just happy that you guys are ok now.