Low fat or full fat dairy?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Same here. Mostly I go over the 1200 and reach between 1500 and 1800 but then I factor in the exercise. I'm having to rest my leg at the moment so I'm eating between 1200 and 1400. I have 21lb to lose before I reach the top end of my Normal weight range. I'd like to lose 28lb so that I am comfortably within my range. I think managing to maintain rather than lose weight may present some juggling but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

It will need some juggling and experimenting. My advice, for what it's worth, is to plan well ahead and start a maintenance diet before you need to because it does take time to get it right. I am still struggling a bit and still losing the odd pound every now and again, so am glad I have a bit of leaway.

Reactions: 2 people

Farmpa78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I try and stick to low fat diet foods, as not only being type 2 diabetic my blood pressure is sky high as well and on meds to control that as well and if I have the full fat versions it increases my blood pressure, cheese seems to have a big affect not too sure why it spikes so much. Think you have to try and find what works for you.

mims57

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My nurse told me to go for full fat plain yoghurt then add fruit yourself so you know how much fruit is in it (or eat it plain). Tastes good with cinnamon in.

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I prefer full fat everything, but low carbs.

Reactions: 3 people

Mandy p

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't it the case that when you eat foods with a higher fat content any carbs are released much more slowly. I've lower GI ?