Forxiga and hypos

Northernangel

Hi everyone
Just been put on Forxiga a few days ago.
I just wondered if anyone has any knowledge of this drug regarding hypos.
Do I have to inform DVLA ect
I'm on 10mg of Forxiga a day and 500mg of slow release Metformin a day.
The reason for this is I have had really bad side effects with any higher doses of Metformin .. But have kept on a low dose of Metformin for the health benefits . Advised by my DN.
I asked the Pharmacist who had no knowledge of Forxiga .. And read the leaflet as I could do.. :-/
So sorry for rambling on but I just need to know can it give you hypos and do I have to inform DVLA?
The site doesn't really say.. Except for it can if taken with insulin?
Thanks

Northernangel

Hi Alliebee
Thanks you for that .
Yes reducing my readings by the day. Very impressed so far. No horrible side effects like Met..
Just need to tweak it now..
This morning 6.4 I know not low but low for me.. 2 hours post brecky 10.6?
I think I now need to start thinking like a diabetic lol buried my head in the sand I think. At least I'm honest..
Special K obviously not good..I don't eat **** but not what I should i.e Special K
So it's bringing them down but only if I'm watching what I'm eating..

alliebee

Not cereals. They have a lot of hidden sugar. Even bran flakes. Better breakfast is bacon and eggs mushroom and a tomato. Scrambled eggs. Sausages. Or full fat yoghurt. Low fat has added sugar. Berries not fruit. No no is any bread even wholemeal unless you test with meter before you eat then 2 hours after. If more than 2 mmol rise then its off your menu. Look at low carb forum. So many ideas. Kippers. Mackeral pate. Cold cuts of chicken beef ham cream cheese wrapped in salad leaves. Good luck

drrockwell

I have a mix of cereals in the morning. Bite size shredded wheat/bran flakes/dried mixed friut with granola or something similar. I add sunflower seeds/ pine nuts or whatever i can get just for veriety. Its not perfect but it keeps me full for hours.

carophie04

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not cereals. They have a lot of hidden sugar. Even bran flakes. Better breakfast is bacon and eggs mushroom and a tomato. Scrambled eggs. Sausages. Or full fat yoghurt. Low fat has added sugar. Berries not fruit. No no is any bread even wholemeal unless you test with meter before you eat then 2 hours after. If more than 2 mmol rise then its off your menu. Look at low carb forum. So many ideas. Kippers. Mackeral pate. Cold cuts of chicken beef ham cream cheese wrapped in salad leaves. Good luck
Kingsmill do a bread called Oatilicious - made from oats instead of wheat, I find it brilliant for a sandwich or toast.

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi I'm on forxiga, it dose have a common side effect. Which is a burning when u pee. This is because it's job is to make you pass sugars in urine. I was lucky and had no issues but it's known also to help with weight loss. My doctor, diabetic nurse and my pharmacist all was interested in how I reacted with it as it's quite new and they told me the effects. Surprised yours didn't. Good luck tho.