stress

claiirebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
can stress cause your sugar levels to go out of control ive been in and out of hospital due to stres in the family home and is there anyway i can take control again ?

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya hun yeah it can, most people get quite high levels when stressed, occasionally some people get lower readings but most are higher, can try correct with insulin but best thing would be not to get stressed which I know is way more easier said than done x

claiirebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks hun its just hard ike things could settle down and then bam something happens and then sets my sugars out of control and i am sick of it and i am thinking of going on the pump i think it would be alot easier x

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a pump and could not imagine my life without it, been diabetic 25 years and had the pump 1 year, it's been best year of my life! But I know what you mean I suffer terrible with stress, maybe try speaking to your doc too n see what they suggest for you x

claiirebear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah am going to talk to my Dr about everyone is saying their lives are so different so I'll Give it a try :) x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
can stress cause your sugar levels to go out of control ive been in and out of hospital due to stres in the family home and is there anyway i can take control again ?

If you have the book Think Like a Pancreas the author talks about adjusting insulin doses in times of stress.

Reactions: 5 people