Slimming world vs Hypos!

cillabrown909

I've been on slimming world for about a month now, it's been a life savour for my blood sugars, brought them down from mid teens to about 6-8 on a frequent basis, in week 2 however I had quite a few hypos, I drank fresh orange juice and ate a banana to pick them back up, I did try count the syns in the juice as part of my day so reduced the syns from other meals but I feel that fresh juice isn't as bad as some things you could have to up it, weight loss was still 3 pounds like all other weeks, I also reduced my insulin dose back down to 1 unit to 10g of carb from 1 unit to 5g, this has helped a huge amount and haven't had any hypos and only a few highs since, my need for insulin obviously reduced due to cutting out a lot of sugar

ldpxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I have already reduced my insulin doses by half unit each already so far. I've had less hypos than before but still more than I used to so still had another gain this week. Hoping I can resolve it soon and get back to the weight losses I was getting before!