Any T2 with allergies?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
In light of the recent articles which suggest that T2 might be triggered by an allergic response.
I wonder how many T2s have allergies.
I have 2 VERY RARE ones, which surfaced not too long before the T2
I'm allergic to the cold and to anything which vibrates the surface of my skin. I come out in an itchy burning nettle rash. If It is a large area, like waist to ankles, I get shocky too. If I'm cold and vibrating at the same time, the effect is worse. Walking can trigger it, the skin on my thighs( which are slim!!) vibrates if I walk on a hard surface an d cam bring on a severe attack.
I take along acting antihistamine ( Loratidine) prophylactically. I forgot recently to take one before aqua exercise and ended up with both legs itching like crazy and my arms all red and nettle rashed.The pool was cold that day.
At least I can't be expected to cut the grass. the mower vibrates too much.

Moogie1947

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This sounds really interesting.Your allergies sound very unpleasant, still no lawn mowing :D - perhaps a robotic mower (they have been available for some time now) is the answer unless you have someone who will do it for you.
I have had contact dermatitis since I was a child, and I had hay-fever too but not recently.
I seem to be mildly allergic to lots of chemicals for example in washing up liquid, sun screen and some make-up/face creams. Eczema in my ears and on my face too now I am older. I also find some food
like oranges upset my digestion.
None of mine are serious and the dishwasher and automatic washing machine have made a big difference to my contact dermatitis.
I did read somewhere that there was a suggestion that T2 was related to problems in the upper part of the intestine as people who had this removed often recovered from T2.
Lyn

chrissieworne

Hi

I am allergic to some adhesive plasters, Penicillin and Erythroped, bit peeved as the main antibiotic I get is Clarithromycin but now I am on Simvastatin I can't have it...great!

I also have thyroid problems (on 150mcg thyroxine daily) and had my gall bladder removed 3 yrs ago. I have wondered if the gall bladder and thyroid issues had triggered the diabetes?

Anyway, I can get quite itchy and "allergic" for no good reason. My mum who's 84 has had blood probs for yrs, infections, clots, poisoninig and I can't help but think she's right when she says the old fashioned saying that we have "bad blood!!"

Chrissie :roll:

bunty

I have a really severe case of Oral Allergy Syndrome, which is related to hay fever and causes ever-increasing reactions to various foods - i came very close to dying 18 months ago and was last in Recuss about two months ago (but with a much milder rection that time).

It means that i'm allergic to most fruits, all nuts, some seeds and now also to soya.

In November 08 i developed a limp and a sore knee and hands and was sent for X rays which showed osteo-arthritis in my hip, knee and both hands.

Recently, within the last year, i am now also allergic to my own sweat, if i have exerted myself greatly. I come out in red itchy weals which my consultant says is Uticara ( i think) and that i'm going to find that too worsens over time!

My consultant thinks that diabetes is an auto-immune disease, Type 2 included, and feels that my body is somehow out of kilter with itself. I have to agree!!

Thank goodness i can still ride a bike - walking hurts after a little while.

Still cheerful, though!

bunty