New medication

lizh39

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been prescribed Dapaglizlezin to take with Metformin, Sitagliptin and Levimir. Is there anything negative I should be aware of?

diabolic sister

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It has been good for me, reduced BG dramatically initially, you still need to be careful with diet and exercise, it makes you widdle out loads of sugar, it also helps weight loss as your are widdling out the calories too. Down side is frequent Thrush, so stock up on Canesten and drink lots.

lizh39

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It has been good for me, reduced BG dramatically initially, you still need to be careful with diet and exercise, it makes you widdle out loads of sugar, it also helps weight loss as your are widdling out the calories too. Down side is frequent Thrush, so stock up on Canesten and drink lots.
Well so far it's done nothing for my blood readings which have actually increased. I also have a very dry mouth and a sore throat all the time. I now have to get up in the night about every hour to use the loo whereas before it was 2 or 3 times. Am seeing the consultant in a months time so will discuss this with him but I was doing better on Gliclazide which he has taken me off.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Well so far it's done nothing for my blood readings which have actually increased. I also have a very dry mouth and a sore throat all the time. I now have to get up in the night about every hour to use the loo whereas before it was 2 or 3 times. Am seeing the consultant in a months time so will discuss this with him but I was doing better on Gliclazide which he has taken me off.
I always try to discuss at the time of prescribing whether I can stop taking the drug if it has bad side effects. Otherwise it's necessary to contact the HCP and maybe even have another appointment, as it's best to discuss with them before stopping any med.

Based on what I have read about benefits, side effects and risks at Blood Sugar 101, personally I wouldn't want to take any of the diabetes drugs except metformin and insulin. There is info about insulin in T2 here:
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/15478720.php