HbA1c - a good result!

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
This morning I received my latest HbA1c result and for once it was good news. It's down from a shameful 84 to a respectable 46. In percentage terms tests from 9.8 to 6.4. Yay!
So I am well pleased!
I just wanted to say two things. Firstly, a big 'thank you' to everyone on this forum who has been so helpful and offered me good advice. You know who you are.
And secondly it's mostly due to my Aviva Expert BG meter. It's made all the difference to me. Apart from oh so much better BG control, it also means I feel more in charge of things and therefore more confident. So at the moment I'm a happy diabetic bunny.

Reactions: 17 people
D

Deleted member 83869

This morning I received my latest HbA1c result and for once it was good news. It's down from a shameful 84 to a respectable 46. In percentage terms tests from 9.8 to 6.4. Yay!
So I am well pleased!
I just wanted to say two things. Firstly, a big 'thank you' to everyone on this forum who has been so helpful and offered me good advice. You know who you are.
And secondly it's mostly due to my Aviva Expert BG meter. It's made all the difference to me. Apart from oh so much better BG control, it also means I feel more in charge of things and therefore more confident. So at the moment I'm a happy diabetic bunny.
Well done! How long did it take you to get your hba1c down?? x

Jestred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congrats , I had mine today as well, down from 164 to 66. Still some work to do i think.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Well done @Eldorado. You must be chuffed to bits. Rightly so too. Best wishes.

Reactions: 2 people

rmsells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good for you! It is a great feeling when those numbers come down. I've struggled with mine for years and my last reading was 6.8%. I was so happy to see that hard work paying off.

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I didn't like the pump and it was down to me, it was just so annoying in the end!!
Can you get hold of the Expert again? I think I should be on commission for the number of times I've recommended it! But what's not to like? I use it with MyFitnessPal for the carb counting. It just makes things so much easier and for me takes away the guesswork.

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Good for you! It is a great feeling when those numbers come down. I've struggled with mine for years and my last reading was 6.8%. I was so happy to see that hard work paying off.
It's a sort of self perpetuating thing too I find. Once my averages are down I want to keep them down. And when I get one of those 'where on earth did that come from?' BG results my first reaction now is 'oh no! My averages!' But it's not easy is it?

D

Deleted member 83869

Can you get hold of the Expert again? I think I should be on commission for the number of times I've recommended it! But what's not to like? I use it with MyFitnessPal for the carb counting. It just makes things so much easier and for me takes away the guesswork.
I don't know how to, I have contacted Roche but had no response yet currently looking for an app with an insulin calculator! I still have my meter for the pump which is exactly the same as the expert except it connects to the pump so I could do that but it's annoying lol!

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I checked out RapidCalc and thought it was good. It's available from the iTunes Store for £5.99. It's similar to the Expert software but I think the reports are better. I used both in parallel for a while to check the results. Bit sad, I know.

D

Deleted member 83869

I checked out RapidCalc and thought it was good. It's available from the iTunes Store for £5.99. It's similar to the Expert software but I think the reports are better. I used both in parallel for a while to check the results. Bit sad, I know.
£5.99 though damnit, I want a free one lol!!

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Could be £5.99 well spent if you can't get your mits on an Expert. Wouldn't your DSN or GP get you one?

Reactions: 3 people

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I did a quick look and it seems the dsn is the only way to get one. Be nice then!