Type 1 fibromyalgia

autoimmune chrissy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone suffer from fybromyalgia?Dr has referred me to rheumatology,Its one thing after another lately

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Does anyone suffer from fybromyalgia?Dr has referred me to rheumatology,Its one thing after another lately
Yes, I've had for over 20 years, and there are a few others here too. A rheumatologist should be able to diagnose you and suggest ways of managing it. I focus on pacing myself so I don't overdo things, while trying to be as active as I can. Sleep quality is important. I take various medications but there is no one drug that works for everyone. I recommend getting blood tests for iron, thyroid, vitamin and mineral deficiencies because you don't need these issues as well. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. Hugs.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you take statins ? Fibromyalgia can be a side effect
CAROL

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Do you take statins ? Fibromyalgia can be a side effect
CAROL
I've never taken statins so this doesn't apply to me, but I'm always interested in learning more about fibro. It seems to have a range of possible triggers and it wouldn't surprise me if statins were one. I believe statins can cause muscle pain, often severe. Do you happen to have a link with more info about statins and fibro? thanks.

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No sorry I don't have any links but I believe that the side effects on the statins themselves state that one of the side effects is fibromyalgia and I am sure if you Google it you will find something
CAROL