2 months on the pump - update

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Hello - just a quick note to say that the pump clinic today, my diabetes team were very pleased with my 2 months progress after havng the pump fitted. HBA1C down from 8.9 to 7.5 in two months and they seem to think that I have a good grasp on things (sometimes i don't!!). They downloaded all my data wirelessly on to their machine and I must say the graphs and trend lines all looked in quite good order so I'm very pleased. They changed my target range to 5-7 as it had been 6-8 as I have a real fear of Hypos. They also tweaked my basal in the evening. So all in all I'm very chuffed with my pump progress and the blips along the way will all be worth it in the end ........I think :wave: :lol:

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I remember my old target used to be 7-8 when first pumping and now it's 5.3!! :)

Haven't done my HbA1c yet as I was stalling until the last minute (HATE giving blood) and then had to cancel my appt to do it as my son was ill. Looking forward to seeing what it's down to too though.

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Excellent news, which pump are you using.

Gary

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Thanks all. I'm using the Medtronic paradigm mini med - a great little pump as far as I can see ... No complaints on that front. I use silouhette sets and I have no issues at all with bubbles so all in all it's all looking good.