22 year old type 1

empink

Quote recently then! I was diagnosed when i was 18

Yes, it's still all very new! Slowly getting used to it though... although I think I've figured it out and then something happens that muddles me up again! How did you find getting used to it after years without?

Reactions: Robbieb1995

Robbieb1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, it's still all very new! Slowly getting used to it though... although I think I've figured it out and then something happens that muddles me up again! How did you find getting used to it after years without?
It all happened within a matter of 2 days doctors Thursday hospital Friday on insulin Friday afternoon. I was in shock and was deeply upset due to myself applying for Royal Air Force as being my life time ambition and goal but being type 1 I could not join which left me in tears but I just got on with it and now I am totally fine with it it all started with a infection I had. It's Crazy because nobody in my family has or had type 1.

empink

It all happened within a matter of 2 days doctors Thursday hospital Friday on insulin Friday afternoon. I was in shock and was deeply upset due to myself applying for Royal Air Force as being my life time ambition and goal but being type 1 I could not join which left me in tears but I just got on with it and now I am totally fine with it it all started with a infection I had. It's Crazy because nobody in my family has or had type 1.

Oh that sounds awful! I do have a history in the family but it never crossed my mind it would happen to me!

Robbieb1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh that sounds awful! I do have a history in the family but it never crossed my mind it would happen to me!

Yeah it was a stab to the heart but I just soldiered on and now I'm more than happy with my life and yeah it's something which can creep up on you

JaylaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Any people around my age ? With type 1

I'm near your age 28 is close?!

I've had it a while, but still have a lot of ups and downs.
I have no family history or anything like that it just happened.

I've only just joined these forums there so many. Sure many will help.