3 hours higher

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Yes I do have a food dairy. I do not restrict carbs because I did get thw advice that they will not rise my bloodsugar. So many opnions. But I Will country them now. How many carbs can I have? Yes that day I had a Fries not a healthy meal. But sometimes I do want to have something for bidden
I mean I am very strict so was hoping I would react better.

One question I do have low sugar in the afternoon before diner like 3.6 or 3.8 so that means that if it may not go up with more then 2 point that Will be very difficult? Or not how do I do that. At 12 my sugar is like 5 or so. So I can go up til 7 wich is most of the times normal for me to stay under 7. But how do I do this with the sugar drops at 16.00? Wich Come but its not because I eat sugar before. They always Come at the same time 16.00 /17.00 very strange. Thanks for you explaination find it very helpfull

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
And that is a very admirable aim, and in my opinion, a good one. You are insulin resistant, so cannot expect your insulin to clear all the excess glucose that is in your blood stream quickly after eating carbs. The insulin resistance prevents this. The best idea is to reduce the amount of glucose so there is less to clear, and this can be achieved by reducing the carbs.

Also, depending on the combination of carbs and fats in the meal, the peak may well be anywhere between about an hour and 3 or more hours before it starts to come down significantly. Testing just at 2 hours only gives you a figure, it doesn't give you your peak.[/QUOTE I have given up testing on waking up in the morning now as my nurse said they do not bother with a fast test anymore and that so many things can contribute to difference readings when waking. Nightmare a dream and not sleeping very well etc can all affect the result. I test during the day once as I do not always eat during the day. Before I eat my evening meal then 2 hours after then maybe again a couple of hours later just to see how I am going. So far so good. Hope I am doing it right lol