A few questions please

TuTusweet

This fantastic forum is in fact slightly overwhelming. So much stuff I am having trouble finding my way around.
Never mind onwards and upwards. So one or two things I don't yet understand.

Why do people test their BG before a meal and two hours after it ? They must know their BG will be raised. Don't they ?
So what is the point? It does not matter what the reading is: there is nothing that can be done about it is there?

I have read the total amount of sugar in a normal person's blood is about two level teaspoons worth. So I suppose even one jelly baby would have a big proportionate effect. But I am having difficulty seeing how a jar of curry sauce for example with sugar as item seven, say, in the list of ingredients, can have an effect. Do I really have to worry to that level?
In fact getting a grip on keeping things in proportion is very hard.
And I've been badly spooked by a neighbour who is daibetic.
I think he has passed through obsessive to mentally unhinged. I think if he heard his egg had been fried by a cook who puts sugar in their tea he would likely not eat it. I was going to delete that as too cruel but it really isn't. Please god don't let me get like that.

Can anyone suggest the best diet advice location on the Web ? There is so much contradiction I am lost.

Is there a brand of testing device known to be the best? Painless would be nice. I detest needles. When I have to give blood I always ask for general anaesthetic.

Thank you.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
The best site is 'Blood sugar 101'. The reason for testing before and 2 hours after is that is aprox when the food hits your blood stream after that its on its way down. It also shows you what food has done to your glucose levels. E.g if I eat bread or pasta or any white processed stuff my levels are really high.
lol like your description of your neighbour.
You do get used to lancing yourself and its trial and error (pain) which tells you what number the lance should be on. Stick it in the side of your fingertip rather than in the middle.