Accu-chek flexlink tubing?

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi again
I am now having a look at the flexlink sets i have been sent to try and am confused already :confused:. The 8mm ones come in a pack with the cannula and tubing to attach to the pump but the 6mm ones just have the cannula with no tubing, why is this and do i need to order the tubing separately for these ones. I wanted to avoid using the 8mm ones to start with but it looks like i am going to have to :(

iHs

Not sure fig why the flexlink 6mm sets havent got the tubes but the 8mm have. I wouldnt worry though as the tubes will fit either of the sets. I have a bag of unused tubes from sets as I change the tube every 5 days and the set every 2.5 days so that makes 1 tube never used.

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
ok thanks iHs, i may just open an 8mm one then and pinch its tube lol

jodysd6

Yep, you order them either as a set (with tubing) or just as a cannula when you order full boxes. As I always use the same size ones I order half and half as my reservoir usually lasts me 5-6 days so I will change the cannula but not the tubing in between full resevoir changes.

iHs

Just had a thought fig.......hope you got the inserter device as well as the sets? When you put the set into the inserter line the blue cover up with the diestronic name and then you'll know which end the tube will attach. Also, be careful when pulling back the inserter and hold the set away from yr face.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
thanks jodysd6, that make sense to do it like that, but i wonder why they didn't send me the ones with tubing to get me started lol oh well at least i have the others, just feel like i'm wasting them having to open them for the sake of the tubing but not the cannula

fig

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
oh yes i hadn't thought of that thanks iHs, its handy to know which way round it will be. Thanks for the tips