Acucheck mobile cassettes

trixie66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else have problems in getting repeat prescriptions regarding the cassettes, my pharmacist is having problems getting them leaving me not able to get any on time my GP wont allow me to order anymore earlier for some reason. Or is there a better unit I can use without any hassle, the consultants I have keep cancelling my appointments and the nurses seem not interested at all when I call them they are very unhelpful I'm at my wits end here as with other health problems my diabetes will spiral out of control if I don't find help soon

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're type 1 on insulin, so you are entitled to blood testing strips because you need to monitor your blood sugar to avoid dangerous highs and lows. If you are running out of strips before your next prescription because of how long it is taking to obtain supplies, I would complain to the practice manager and explain what is happening. You cannot be without strips in order to be sure of your safety. Good luck with this.

bmtest

I have used mobile cassette for over 10 years and have had no problems. In early stages I remember pharmacist stating she was not allowed one as she was diabetic.

For me there very efficient no messing with tiny strips.

Top tips use the force with this machine unless your data freak i.e use it without entering any date or time entered into machine by doing that the cadettes are not bound by time itself and can be still used. The downside or upside is no time is logged with results.