Adult Type 1 - full insulin - longer term issues?

ann34+

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i imagine there is no one way things develop and that everyone is very individual? - for me, having insulin has not made control stable at all, and being diagnosed as an adult has been difficult , i was never stable even at first, over 36 yrs ago, when TDD approx 15 i.u. and know i was producing insulin - i have had the glucagon test, twice, and been told i was Type one, still producing some insulin. That did not stop me going into a DKA coma before diagnosis. No one ever has even suggested - and i have asked again recently - that i am 1.5 etc. Total insulin use variable, it has gone up and down since the time of 15 i.u. TDD, climbing to about 25-30 iu at times, think age and body wt relevant, plus lot of unknowns, now use very approx 18-20 units TDD, but often less, eg. day before yesterday TDD 16.7 i.u., and needed lots extra carbs also, but use may often be more than this, either for no known reason, or for obvious ones - when ill TDD can be 35 i.u. No pattern, for whole of life with diabetes had to work at reducing hypos, even when it was known i was producing "appreciable" insulin. At moment very low insulin needs at night - brain affected badly night before last on only 0.2 per hr base on pump, last night ok on 0.15 p.hr but too risky to raise rate for morning so 11.0 blood glucose then. Exercise very difficult esp when i was off pump.