all hooked up!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hey everyone,

sooo yesterday was the day i got my pump :) just thought i'd share how its gone so far

Everything went pretty well apart from the air bubbles in the insulin which i'm sure will take some getting used to :)

There was 3 of us getting one at once which was nice and everyone had the same worries but all equally excited..

i've been set on a flat basal rate which actually seems pretty good so far and i haven't been over 10mmol once so far! my 3am test was 9.4 so not too bad, and for the first time in over a month i didn't have a damatic rise in the morning which is amazing! :) i had a reading of 4.0 around 7pm so just had 10g of carbs and that took me up to 6.7 so i wasn't on edge as much!

I've been given a little fabric case for it which goes on a 'belly strap' which i wore for bed which ended up around my waist but i wasn't tangled up like i thought i'd be in the morning :lol: as im a big fidgeter at night!

So far no problems at all apart from i keep standing up with the pump after its out my pocket and it's falling the floor and swinging around! so i think ill have a look for a belt clip or something!

Nurses have been fantastic, called me this morning to see what my readings have been and to see if i have had any problems, and assured me i can call if im worried at all, i'm also going back next monday for some one on one teaching into temporary basal rates and extended boluses.

so good so far, well see how the canula change goes in a couple of days, and the tubing and insulin change too :)

spanks for reading!

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Great - I know how long you have been waiting :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Nice one ebony and hope your progress continues! :)

Nigel

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
awwe thanks guys :D

i think i would of been much more nervous and panicky if i hadn't had so much advice and support from everyone on here :)

heres hoping to running smoothly forever :lol: