alton towers

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hiiiiii,

Just a quick question..

i'm going to alton towers on the 3rd july YAY! 8)

Just wondering as adrenalin can push up your sugars is this likely to happen when im whizzing round on the rides?

Sooooo, if so should i be taking extra background insulin to calm it off? or is it okay for me to run slightly higher for a good few hours.. as having a hypo on a rollercoaster and having EVERYONE stare if i look like a shakey fool is probably my worst nightmare come true?

Thaaaaaaaaanks

badmedisin

I find adrenaline makes me hypo.
And yeah, it's a really long walk so you need to bear that in mind.
I've only been with a group once, usually just the two of us, so no designated bag holders. I've found it helpful to pack kit into little tins and wear combat trousers with buttons on the pickets so I don't lose stuff on rides. And take glucogel or some glucose tablets. You'll spend for ever in queues if you go in July so you must take hypo treatments as it's too long a walk if you're going hypo.
I usually cheat by going in may. No queues and get to go on nemesis loads of times!
Also if it's sunny you're going to want to put sun cream on! :)

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
badmedisin said:
I find adrenaline makes me hypo.
And yeah, it's a really long walk so you need to bear that in mind.
I've only been with a group once, usually just the two of us, so no designated bag holders. I've found it helpful to pack kit into little tins and wear combat trousers with buttons on the pickets so I don't lose stuff on rides. And take glucogel or some glucose tablets. You'll spend for ever in queues if you go in July so you must take hypo treatments as it's too long a walk if you're going hypo.
I usually cheat by going in may. No queues and get to go on nemesis loads of times!
Also if it's sunny you're going to want to put sun cream on! :)

Theres about 12 of us going as it's a work bonding thing :lol:

i find adrenaline makes me go high! i watched a scary movie the other night and it pushed me up near twelve! and when i get angry and emotional i go high too!

i'm definately gonna have to come up with something to keep all my stuff safe, don't want to risk leaving it in those cages..i dont think i've got any trousers than would hold everything safely... hmmm..

I usually go in the first week it opens, it's so much better when you practically have free tun of the park!

I've got a few appointments coming up the week before so i'll ask my DN see what she thinks, definately think about reducing my BI significantly, never thought of the weather either, hoping it's nice and warm... but that means even more thinking about insulin... aggh.

Haven't been since i was diagnosed so gonna be a learning curve

Snodger

Also don't forget that going a bit high for just one day - and enjoying yourself - is actually not going to do you any harm.
In any case I would bet that the walking and heat is more than enough to balance out the surge in blood sugar from adrenaline - certainly has been for me when I've been to Alton Towers.
Carrying stuff with you: might be worth looking at one of those travel shops or even the travel section in Boots. They quite often have body belts or body purses (not sure what their official name is) which you can use to put supplies in and keep them close to you all the time, even under your clothes.
Have a good time...!