am i also on the wrong insulin ????

bosslom

Hi Ive just read a post in this forum ( am i on the wrong insulin) I was first diagnosed 35years ago, I am now aged 69.. Until about 3years ago everything was fairly stable, i njected 4 times a day but started to have several hypo's.. My diabetic nurse decided to change my insulin and reduce my injections from 4times a day to 3times a day, and changed from LANTUS/humalog 100 To humalog mix 50-50 3times per day.. to begin with all seemed ok with the occasional low. Ive had to wait from Feb 2011 until this month October 2011 and i was asked what did i want from this appointment and i said i thought i needed a change of insulin..So my wish was granted and my night time injection is now humulinM3 kwikpen 30% quick acting and 70% slow acting to avoid early morning hypose.. Its one month since i started the evening 30/70 injection and my readings are swinging from 27sb to 3sb.. I find it difficult to even climb the stairs because my doctor suspects my iron is low and i am awaiting the results from blood tests for low iron, thyroid, and other fats and colesterol.. We need help, and have a meeting arranged for 31October with the practice nurse. This meeting will only be an education excorsise but no more and after 36years as a diabetic its not going to solve anything but we will make sure that the ball starts rolling..
But any advice would be very very welcome and may help others..many thanks in advance Maureen :|