Anybody out there have atrial fibrillation as well as T1D??

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I initially just wanted to see if someone else had the same symptoms as me really only because the doctors has said no my symptoms weren't of that of AF so I was a little concerned it could be something else

But it is getting to the point now where my life has completely changed and I feel like a whole different person and not in a good way. I just would really want this all to stop. I can honestly say I have never felt this unwell in my life and wouldn't wish this completely lack of life for anyone

Yes it must be so hard for you. My health problems didn't real hit me until I was 50, so I have been extremely lucky. Every time I went to a GP, nurse or consultant about my AF I always said it caused me to feel awful and I was extremely breathless. They usually nodded and wrote it down without further comment. No-one ever told me that they weren't symptoms of AF!

I was at the point when I wanted it to stop too, maybe not when I had the cardio versions, but definitely when I had the ablation. This isn't altogether a bad thing because it will get you through whatever procedures you need, because you know, like I did that you can't put up with this, so you have to have something done about it. I found it really hard because no-one else really understood how I felt. I probably didn't look that ill, so people may have thought I was lazy (I'm very fat too, so I felt people thought I had brought it on myself) The staff in both hospitals were brilliant and respectful of me. The only complaint I have was.....the food, but that's pretty normal!

It's hard but try to stay positive. Keep in touch because I'll be thinking of you. I know that it's horrid counting the weeks and days waiting for something to happen.
x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'm 23 and have been in permanent atrial fibrillation for years now

Would be pretty good to talk to someone who has AF and diabetes together???

I cant help you there rachy, but I do feel for you, so young and type 1 on top as well :eek: But you sound well grounded and positive through all of this. Take care, good luck and I wish you all the best.

RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I initially just wanted to see if someone else had the same symptoms as me really only because the doctors has said no my symptoms weren't of that of AF so I was a little concerned it could be something else

But it is getting to the point now where my life has completely changed and I feel like a whole different person and not in a good way. I just would really want this all to stop. I can honestly say I have never felt this unwell in my life and wouldn't wish this completely lack of life for anyone

Aaaww bless you, just keep going and dont give up :angelic: x

rachy0121

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being diabetic!!
I am furious that my cardiologist let me out of the hospital thinking that breathlessness and extreme fatigue wasn't a symptom of AF. I am seeing her monday coming and am going to question her knowledge about this problem. I have spoken to a cardiologist in America and many people on AF forums who have the same problem and all have said that yes this is typical AF symptoms. I saw her back in May and with the information I was given I left the hospital thinking something else must be wrong if what I'm feeling isn't AF. It must be my lungs or possibly even an additional heart condition along side with 2 others.

@zand thank you for listening and replying to me!
Your so right in saying that no one else knows how you feel and it's very hard to emphasise how debilitating it is on a day to day basis. I've had to give up full time work because I become very weak and sleepy. And feel ill most evenings if I exert myself in the day times

Thankyou @Robinredbreast! That's very kind. I always have the saying in my head on a bad day - "yeah it's **** but there's someone else a lot worse off" and that usually helps!

Sent from my iPhone